10/23/2008

Short update

I'm in Pokhara now, the other main tourist hub of Nepal. Internet cafes are more expensive here than in Kathmandu but much slower, so this will be a short post with no pix.

Since my last post I spent a few days in Chitwan National Park. I got to ride and "help" bathe an elephant but other than that it was the World's Most Remote Tourist Trap.

From there I took a bus to Pokhara, the starting point for hikes in the Annapurna region, which is actually more popular than the Everest region because of the relatively lower altitude.

Today I went paragliding. Tomorrow I leave for a three-day rafting tour on the Kali Gandaki river.

Fun stuff to report as soon as I can get a decent connection. It's funny I spoiled I've become. These computers don't have iTunes installed? I'm outta here!