4/04/2009

I Bail on Bali

There are 869 reasons why I didn't go to Bali. Here they are in order of importance:
1) Just kidding.

I told some of my plans to travel from Vietnam to Bali, Indonesia. I decided not to for reasons I have mercifully chosen not to share. It was the right decision.

I will most likely stay in Vietnam for a little while longer and then head back to the States. My visa here expires May 3 so I can stay here until then, or maybe make one last trip to Cambodia, or ... ah, who knows. The trip is nearly at an end...

I'm in Sapa now, in the northern highlands of Vietnam. I was at the Chinese border today. I really want to hike Fansipan, the highest peak in Indochina, but the weather here is miserable. Sapa is a gorgeous mountain town so I think I'll hang out here for a couple days to see if the weather improves. If it doesn't, well, I don't want to slog through the mud for three days to get to the top and see nothing.

(Thanks to Molly for the title of this post!)