3/02/2010

My first visitor

While I was traveling around the world several friends from home threatened to join me along the way. No one did, of course. I did have a friend from home contact me out of the clear blue and join me in Thailand, which turned out to be the worst 10-day stretch of the trip.

I had my first visitor from home here in Saigon just before Tet. Kellda wasn't here to visit me. She's Vietnamese and was here to visit family. It was just a happy coincidence that we happened to be in the same city at the same time.

She and her husband Duane joined me for dinner. Duane has visited the country several times with her, so it was fun sharing three very different perceptions of the country.


Kellda and I worked together, so I also got some good gossip from my former workplace. I hopped on a bus to Cambodia the next morning. They headed to the Mekong Delta to visit her family. Now we're all back out our respective workplaces. It was fun while it lasted.