8/20/2008

Road trip

I caught a bit of a cold and have been feeling rundown, so I took the past few days to rest and recharge in Ulaanbaatar. But tomorrow, finally, I will get out of the city and see the 'real' Mongolia.

I'm leaving on a 14-day to the Gobi Desert and on to Central Mongolia with two couples I met at my hostel. Stijn and Sabine are both from Belgium. David is from England and Magdalena is from Poland. It will be the five of us, a driver and a guide in an old Russian van. I had the opportunity to join a similar group a few days ago but I'm glad I decided to pass. It would have been a bad idea to hop in a van with a bunch of total strangers when I was already in a grumpy mood...

I'll get back to UB just in time to pack and hop on the train to Beijing the following morning, so my next post will probably be from China once I'm settled in.