4/24/2009

Thought of the day

As I was listening to the pre-flight instructions on my Jetstar flight from Danang to Saigon I wondered if there is an airline anywhere in the world that allows passengers to smoke. In 2009 is it still necessary to tell passengers that they're on a non-smoking flight?

That's a rhetorical question. Even with the announcement and the posted signs I'm sure even as I write this somewhere a flight attendant is asking a passenger to put out his cigarette. I'm confident of this after seeing a passenger who wasn't familiar with barf bags.

On my Hanoi to Danang flight a guy across the aisle and just behind me got airsick. Rather than use the bag provided by the airline he just leaned over into the aisle and puked onto the floor. Thankfully it was only an hour flight!