10/04/2009

I'd like to thank the Academy

Here I am receiving my TEFL certificate from Diem, the primary instructor for the class. On the board is the location of the post-class gathering. They decided to ... play laser tag? Yeah, it was a young bunch.

Here is the whole happy class. These photos came from Steven, the guy in black in the back row holding his certificate above his head. I took my camera with me but left the memory card in my laptop...


Here I am sitting between Nhi (left) and Nghiem (right), the course administrators. There's a bit of forced perspective going on here. I'm scrunched down between them so you can't tell that I weigh significantly more than the two of them combined!


Afterwards we walked around the corner for a big buffet lunch. The place is so big that the boys who replenish the buffet dishes scoot around on roller skates. I felt a little tug on my heartstrings when I saw the name of the place: Dìn Ký. The dog I had when I was a boy was named Dinky.


Here I am trying a local dish for the first time. Mmm ... snails.